Nitrous oxide can in many ways enhance your oral health care by helping you relax before any dental procedures need to be performed.
What benefits can nitrous oxide provide? Here are a few tips about nitrous oxide:
– When nitrous oxide is administered as a sedative in dentistry, it is given through a small mask that fits over your nose and mouth.
– The nitrous oxide is better known as “laughing gas.” It can often make a person feel light-headed or relaxed for a short time.
– Nitrous oxide wears off extremely fast after the gas mask has been removed.
– Nitrous oxide for use with inhaled sedation is considered the mildest form of sedative and the only one in which it is believed to be safe for a patient to drive themselves home after their dental procedure.
– Nitrous oxide is a gas that is blended with oxygen to form a mild sedative that is inhaled to help with dental anxiety and uneasiness.
If you think you have dental anxiety and could use dental sedation, please call Texas Teeth so we can get you in to see Dr. Scharla Collins and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Mesquite, Texas, and we can be reached at 972-270-2062. Let us help you achieve a healthy smile!